2 Days 1 Night Rinjani Crater Rim Summit Trek
Day 1: Senggigi – Sembalun Lawang
- Our driver will pick you up in your hotel at 06.00 AM then transfer to Sembalun. Register the Rinjani Information Center (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang (1,156 m), meet your guide and arrange National Park entry tickets. Your guide gives you briefing describes the route details, local cultural traditions and what you might see, and explains rubbish management and safety procedures.
- The trek starts from Sembalun Lawang with the gentle ascent walking through open grassland used as cattle grazing by local people. Resting at Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300), after about three hours from Sembalun we reach Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) enjoying the beautiful views of Mt. Rinjani summit (3,726 m).
- After another hours ascent to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m), we start the step 3,5 climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps seeing evidence of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys to the camp site at Plawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,639 m).
Day 2: Crater Rim – Summit – Senggigi
- At 03:00 AM starts is necessary for the hard three hours climb to the summit (3,726 m) on volcanic screen. Once there, enjoy proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung and Sumbawa, after enjoying the spectacular views down to the campsite.
- After a well prepared breakfast, with the gentle ascent walking amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps seeing evidence of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys.
- Resting at Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m), enjoy a lunch break here.
- We reach Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) to enjoy the beautiful views of Mt. Rinjani summit (3,726 m). Gentle walk continue through open grassland used as cattle grazing by local people to the Resting shelter at Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300).
- The trek ends at Rinjani Information Center at the road head in Sembalun Lawang, where the car will be waiting to transfer you to Senggigi, arrive in Senggigi, free at your own leisure.
2 Days 1 Night Rinjani Crater Rim Trek
Day 1 : Hotel – Rinjani Trek Center
- Our Driver will pick you up in your hotel at 06.00 AM and then transfer to Senaru. Register at the Rinjani Trek Centre (RTC) in Senaru (601m)
- The first hours of the trek you will pass local field plantation where you can see coffee plantation and other local plantation in Lombok until Natinal park forest gate.
- The second hours you will into the national park forest where you will climb steeply through thick tropical forest rich in flora, bird life and variety of butterflies around 1 hours walk you will arrive at Pos 1 where you can take rest. From Pos 1, you can continue your journey to the extra pos with same condition as before, around 1,5 hours you will arrive at Extra pos take rest for while and enjoy forest atmosphere.
- After you are ready, continue your trip to pos 2 at Montong Satas ( 1,500 ASL ) about 1 hours, you might see orchid and if lucky, the rare black ebony leaf monkey, known locally as lutung on the way, arriving at Pos 2, take rest for 1 hours and enjoy tasty food of your lunch.
- When you ready and get fresh, continue the trek to Pos 3 Mondokan Lolak ( 2000 ASL ) for about 2 hours, enjoy the atmosphere of Rinjani mountain and other wild animal on the way, arrived at Mondokan lolak, take rest and you can take picture of many monkey you can found in this area.
- When you ready, continue the trek to Cemara 5 pos approximately 45 minutes, arrived at Cemara 5 Pos, take rest for while.
- The next trek are to the rim, about 45 minutes you will see savanna, Gili island and Mount Agung Bali also will be nice view from here, cause in this area are less tree most here are grass, when you arrived at the rim ( 2.641 ), from the crater rim are sweeping views across the lake Segara Anak. Within the crater, Mt. Baru ( 2,351m) is an active, last erupting dramatically in 1994. On a clear evening the Gili Isles, Bali and Mt. Agung can be seen to the west.
Day 2 : Crater Rim - Senggigi
- Sunrise at the crater rim is a memorable to Day 2, enjoyed after a pre-dawn two hour climb for those camping at pos 3 Mondokon Lolak.
- After enjoying the view, descend down the trail down to senaru village through first grassland then back into the shade of the tropical forest.
- After about seven hours from the rim, the trek ends at Rinjani Trek Centre at the road head in Senaru, when you arrived at Rinjani entrance at Senaru, the driver will pick you up and take you to Senggigi.
- Arrive in Senggigi, free at your own leisure.
Way and return transfer from Senggigi ( Hotel ) to Rinjani National Park
Experienced guide and porter on trek
All trekking equipment (tent, sleeping bag, airbed mattress. Toilet tent and all cutlery)
Full board meal on trek
First Aid Kit during the trek
Unlimited water consumption on the trek
National park entrance fee
Meal before and after trek
Accommodation before and after trek
What to bring during the trek:
During the trek you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as:
Torch or Flashlight (preferably a head torch)
Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses
Personal prescription medications
Water proof jacket