4 DAYS 3 NIGHTS
Day 1: Hotel – Sembalun Lawang – Crater Rim
- Our guide will pick you up at hotel lobby at 05.30 AM then transfer to Sembalun.
- Register the Rinjani Information Center (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang (1,156 m), meet your guide and arrange National Park entry tickets. Your guide gives you briefing describes the route details, local cultural traditions and what you might see, and explains rubbish management and safety procedures.
- The trek starts from Sembalun Lawang with the gentle ascent walking through open grassland used as cattle grazing by local people.
- Resting at Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300), after about three hours from Sembalun we reach Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) enjoying the beautiful views of Mt. Rinjani summit (3,726 m).
- After another hours ascent to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m), we start the step 3,5 climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps seeing evidence of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys to the camp site at Plawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,639 m).
Day 2: Crater Rim – Summit - Lake
- Your guide will wake you at 03.00am and help you prepare for the arduous 3-4 hour ascent of the mountain. Its takes approximately 1 hr to get from base camp to the exposed ridge line that leads to the summit.
- From there your work rate will significantly increase as the air thins out and the track steepens. The last 400 meteres of the ascent is particularily hard as you are climbing on loose volcanic scree. The reward for your efforts is the sensational view from atop Mt Rinjani. Looking out to the west you can see the Gili Islands, Bali, Mt. Agung and even Java in the distance. To the east , island of Sumbawa is clearly visible. Below you the crater lake and its new cones look post card perfect. Spend some time on the roof of Indonesia to take a few photos, reflect and get your breath back before heading back down the ridge line to base camp. Your mornings work should take you about 5-6 hrs all up.
- After breakfast we will head down to the crater lake (Danau Segara Anak). The track is steep as it winds its way down to the lake. It should take 3-4 hrs to get to the camp site on the shores of the lake.
- Take a well earned rest before heading for the hot springs (Aiq Kalak) an easy 5 min walk away. Soak away the sweat of a hard days trekking in the series of hot pools that are a popular destination for local people. If you still have some energy explore the Milk Caves, an easy 90 min return walk from your campsite.
Day 3: Segare Anak Lake – Senaru Crater Rim
- Enjoy the 30 min walk along the edge of the lake before starting the trek upwards towards the crater rim and Pelawangan I. The track steepens as you ascend with the last hour being very taxing on the rocky track. Campsites on the rim itself are small and you will find yourself literally perched above the lake below. The sunset here is not too be missed. Darkness will reveal the lights of the Gilis and small towns on the mountains flanks . The campsite on the crater rim is one of the best experiences you will have while trekking Rinjani.
Day 4: Senaru Crater Rim – Senaru Village
- It is well worth getting up early to enjoy the sunrise over the Mt. Rinjani and the crater rim before breakfast and the last day of our journey. It takes about 5-6 hrs trekking to reach Senaru, enjoy walking under the beautiful jungle canopy, home to the rare black ebony leaf monkey, known locally as Lutung .
- Rest stops at Pos 111 (2000m) and Pos11 (1500mt) is welcome relief for tired feet before the hard work winds down and you enter farmland on the outskirts of the village in the early afternoon.
- Arrived at Senaru Rinjani trek center, our driver will take you to your hotel in senggigi, arrive in Senggigi, free at your own leisure.
Way and return transfer from Senggigi ( Hotel ) to Rinjani National Park
Experienced guide and porter on trek
All trekking equipment (tent, sleeping bag, airbed mattress. Toilet tent and all cutlery)
Full board meal on trek
First Aid Kit during the trek
Unlimited water consumption on the trek
National park entrance fee
Meal before and after trek
Accommodation before and after trek
What to bring during the trek.
During the trek you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as:
Torch or Flashlight (preferably a head torch)
Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses
Personal prescription medications
Water proof jacket